Monday, May 4, 2009

yum! yum! yum!


"we act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about." - charles kingsley

well, my friends, i have found it!

aside from knitting, it is this yarn! tye-dye by knit one, crochet two. my, oh my, it was like butter to knit with, soooooo smooth, soft and easy to needle and heavenly once upon my feet!
i don't know what it is about photos and color but the true colors are so not what you are viewing! the real things are a combo of my favs - variations of green and red - sort of rhubarb and spring green, leaning way toward pond scum! yum! yum!
the pattern is loksins! socks by cassie thoreson which is available on ravelry. it was a quick and easy knit, relatively speaking. by relatively speaking, i mean that it didn't take me toooooo long to memorize the pattern or at least be able to see the error of my ways when i made a boo-boo! and, yes, i would knit this pattern again which is highly conceivable since my sock stash seems to multiply on a regular basis. it appears that i've never met a sock yarn that i didn't love!

speaking of love! i am no longer in love with rain! i was just about to hit the garden this a.m. as the drops started falling. it has been a steady downpour since! argh! my garden is calling but, alas, i cannot answer!!




No comments: