Friday, April 3, 2009

deviant!



deviant - adj. that deviates from normal; n. deviant person or thing.

and there you have it! i have become one of them!! i did not follow the leader, i broke away from the pack and went my own way! yikes, what is this world coming too!!
actually it had never occurred to me that i might not have to knit the exact sock pattern with the exact yarn specified as part of the bmfa socks that rock club! sometimes i am really slow on the uptake!
anyhoo, when i received my last 2008 shipment way back in late november, i gave the assigned pattern a try but it just wasn't blowin' my hair back so i put the yarn aside and knit some other stuff. in my usual fashion, when my first shipment of the 2009 session arrived i started to panic as, woefully i must admit, i had fallen behind on my commitment to keep up with sock club assignments (ha, apparently this will only happen when pigs fly!!).
so, i made myself a deal - i wouldn't start any of this year's socks until i finished knitting last year's yarn allotments which has now put me back one allotment from last year and two allotments from this year (with the arrival late last week of this year's #2 shipment! argh!!!).
the colors in this yarn which is titled 'muddy autumn rainbow' really spoke to me saying: "autumn falling leaves", so i went in search of a sock pattern that had entwining leaves and i came up with this pattern: embossed leaves socks by mona schmidt from favorite socks - 25 timeless designs. i think it really gives this yarn an autumn feel with the colors undulating around the leaves as they tumble to the toe. i am very pleased with the outcome and happy to be back in the saddle, knitting with bmfa str yarn - feels so fab!
this whole gig felt so good that i'm going to deviate again! i've still got the beautiful variegated violet yarn that was supposed to create cleopatra's stockings which ain't gonna happen! stay tuned - i'll keep you posted on what it becomes!!

No comments: