Friday, June 13, 2008

time really does fly!

man, a week has flown by already! and has my knitting also flown - well, not exactly!! i'd have to say that instead of being on a big ol' jet airliner, my knitting and i am on a slow boat to china!
i am making progress but not quite as rapidly as suits my taste! i'm 'between third and home' on my 'minimalist cardigan' by ruthie nussbaum from IK - fall 2007. i'm halfway through reknitting the back - yes, reknitting as in 'did i swatch the yarn to check the guage?" - well, 'nooooooo, i did not' sooooo, i'm paying the price by having to knit the back twice! ugh! one of these days i will get the hint! what i really can't believe is that i knit sooooo loose that i am using needles that are 2 sizes smaller than the recommended size - what's with that?
anyhoo, the sleeves and fronts are done and languishing in anticipation of the back joining them soon. the back should be joining them sometime this weekend but according to the weatherpeople on all of the local stations, we will be having several rainless days in a row! a miracle!! i hesitate to say this as it surely will put a jinx on it but i've just got to 'soak up some sun' by spending time in my perennial garden. since it was rainy outside, i've also been painting my bathroom this week which has caused my hands to replace knitting needles with brushes and rollers - not nearly as zen like as knitting! i promise to post pics of the finished product in my next post. until then, keep on knitting in the free world!

No comments: