Friday, February 22, 2008

sunshine!

this week we've been seeing a strange yellow orb floating through a brilliant blue background - someone told me it was the sun!! gosh, the sun in western washington in february - a strange sight indeed! it has actually been in the mid 50's each afternoon which almost makes one want to get out and dig in the garden beds. pulling weeds would be the major objective - for some reason they never seem to take a nap but grow year round!! i was giving myself a break until march to begin the yearly clean up of the gardens but perhaps if the weather holds i can get an early jump on it!
but first, this afternoon i am meeting with my friend judy to begin knitting a lace scarf from a pattern that her niece, the knitist, had published on knitty.com.
also on my needles are my second rsc 'serendipity' sock (i've finished the heel and am heading for home!!) and a japanese vine scarf from a pattern i picked up at twisted in portland. i think that i'll also start another pair of socks so i have something portable to take with me in my travels because you know 'idle hands ARE the devil's workshop'!
carpe diem! i'm out to get a little free vitamin D.

No comments: